#005: Awesome SEO: How To Get Your Speaker Website Noticed
Have you ever wondered why some websites appear above others on Google? Have you spent a ton of money developing your new speaker website but it’s not got you any new speaker bookings? Are you thinking about starting a website but have no idea where to start?
In this episode Motivational Speaker Debra Searle talks to Digital Marketing Whizz Emily Ross, Founder of Inkvine, a boutique PR, Marketing and Comms Agency in Ireland. Emily shares some of her top tips for how beginners can understand the ‘Dark Art’ of SEO and sheds some light on the free tools that are available online to help speakers to build their profile and get those speeches booked. This is a brilliant place to start if you’ve got NO IDEA about websites and a great refresher for those of you who do have a website but feel it could be working better to build you a more profitable speaking career.
What you’ll learn
- What SEO is – and why it’s crucial if you want event planners and speech bookers to find you online
- The biggest mistake that businesses make online
- What keywords are and how you discover yours
- How do to a Self-Audit
- How to rank higher on a Google search
- The difference between a website developer and a designer – whether you need one, and which one will help to improve your SEO
- Where to find freelancers – and how to know that they are doing their job
- If & why you need a blog/vlog to keep search engines working for your & your speaking business.
- Which FREE tools to use to grow your profile & career as a public speaker.
- Google’s KeyWord Planner: https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
- Google Analytics: https://analytics.google.com/ and Google’s training for Analytics: https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com/
- Emily’s blog recommendation no1: https://moz.com/
- Emily’s blog recommendation no2: http://searchengineland.com/
- Emily’s company website: http://inkandvine.com/
- More about Debra Searle’s speaking work: www.debrasearle.com
Download & Subscribe: